At Englewood Baptist Church, we are unapologetic about the fact that we ask that anyone who desires to be a member of this family of believers make a commitment.
…a loose affiliation of people who hold roughly the same religious beliefs, no matter what those beliefs might be. I’m not joining a religious club when I join a church.
…a building. A building is simply a place where the church meets. I’m not going to an exclusive clubhouse; I’m going to meet with the church.
The church IS…
…a visible assembly of baptized believers who profess and give evidence that they have been saved by God’s grace alone, for His glory alone, through faith alone, in Christ Jesus alone.
…a local, living, and loving collection of people who are committed to Jesus Christ and committed to each other.
What is Required to be a Member?
To be a member of Englewood Baptist Church, one must be a baptized believer in the Lord Jesus Christ who has completed our membership training called Connections, agree with our Church Covenant of Membership, and apply for membership.
What is the Connections Study?
Connections is a study taught by our pastor in a class setting or a DVD that can be viewed at home. Both take less than two hours and cover four topics about Englewood: Our Purpose, Our Priorities, Our Procedures, and Our Process.
Anyone interested in viewing the DVD should take these six steps:
- Pick-up a Connections notebook at the Welcome Desk, from a staff member, or in the Church Office or Bookstore.
- Complete the Gray Connections Enrollment form.
- Complete the two-hour DVD Study in your notebook.
- Turn in an Application for Membership to any staff member, the Church Office, the Offering Plate, the Welcome Desk, or in to the Bookstore.
- A pastor will schedule a time to meet with you and answer any questions
- We will recognize new members once a month during the Evening Worship Celebration. You will be notified of the specific date for your Recognition.